Our college advising team helps students maximize their potential, and provides mentorship, coaching, and guidance that they will carry through the college application process and for the rest of their lives. In our office, Steve Jobs and Elon Musk are the new sports stars and celebrities. We’ve assembled a dynamic team of inspiring individuals who exemplify this attitude and empower their students to achieve their academic goals and land at the colleges of their dreams.
We’re seeking a college consultant who will manage all aspects of the college application process including school list development, essay strategy, application support, interview preparation, and final decision-making.
- identify optimal schools based on students' test scores, GPAs, extracurriculars, and educational goals
- help students develop a “personal pitch” and craft compelling narrative arcs in their essays
- coordinate with our team of essay coaches to help students execute their ideas
- manage client expectations
- interface with parents and students to ease anxiety
Skills and Qualifications
- superlative written and oral communication skills (including exceptional speed over email)
- a friendly and personable demeanor that is relatable to parents and students alike
- a desire to take on a very high-level of responsibility out of the gate, and who wants to grow in this exciting space
- at least an undergraduate degree from a top-tier school
- experience working in the admissions office of a top-tier university or in a high school counseling department
Our headquarters is located in Armonk, NY (430 Bedford Road, Suite 201). We're about 45 min from NYC and many of our team members commute from Manhattan either by train or carpool. We also have a location in São Paulo, Brazil, and international travel may be necessary during the application season.
Type of Employment
The year is split into two seasons, with a busy schedule from August to January, and a much lighter schedule from February to July. During peak season, hours are intense. During the off-season, hours are more flexible.
- Competitive salary, with ample room to grow based on performance. Compensation is negotiable and based on experience.
- Rapidly growing business with growth potential
- Cell phone plan
- Excellent health insurance plan
- Fun working environment (team outings—karaoke!, vocab competitions, free snacks)
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume.